November 8, 2011 4:15pm
Running into troubles at the United Nations, Palestinian Authority President Mahmoud Abbas now must deal with a stalled peace process and internal challenges at home.
October 6, 2011 5:28pm
The rate of Ethiopian immigration to Israel has slowed due to lack of space at Israeli absorption centers, where Ethiopian immigrants are finding themselves stuck without enough money to move on.
October 3, 2011 3:48pm
Amid cries of “Shiksas!” and the throwing of bags of feces, the opening of a new elementary school for Modern Orthodox girls in Beit Shemesh has become the latest flashpoint in the war between haredi Orthodox zealots and Modern Orthodox Jews in a heavily American Jerusalem suburb.
Jewish and Israel News in Your Inbox
- Op-Ed: Faigy Mayer’s suicide is a Jewish tragedy, not just an Orthodox one
- Why is a thriving Boston-area synagogue spending $15 million – to downsize?
- ‘Miracle’ babies born in Israel to identical twin parents
- Former Hasid shared anti-Hasidic Judaism essay a week before killing herself
- James Franco to have bar mitzvah, with help from Seth Rogen
- U.S. preparing to release Jonathan Pollard: Wall Street Journal