June 7, 2015 2:56pm
Talia Abrams, 16, secured $10,000 with the help of her mayor, state senator and representative to start a pilot garden of fruit trees and vegetables.
May 21, 2015 2:56pm
Lily Greenberg Call helped found Girls Give Back, a leadership group for teenage girls.
May 10, 2015 2:48pm
Zach Certner’s athletics program for special-needs children grew into a nonprofit with programming five nights a week.
April 30, 2015 5:01pm
“Who better than a patient with this specific disease?” asked Elana Simon, explaining why she chose to research a rare form of liver cancer.
April 16, 2015 11:38am
By collecting and distributing more than 153,000 toothbrushes, this teen is giving people in developing countries a healthy smile.
March 19, 2015 12:09pm
Val Weisler started a website that connects teens with mentors to learn skills that can be applied to community service and their careers.
March 12, 2015 12:29pm
14-year-old Zoe Butchen has raised over $50,000 for the Michael J. Fox Foundation for Parkinson’s Research with the help of a hit song.
March 5, 2015 12:37pm
As a Los Angeles high school student, Yaniv Sadka started Teens Curing Cancer, a club that has raised $12,000 so far.
February 26, 2015 11:48am
The Teen Heroes column is sponsored by the Helen Diller Family Foundation. To learn more about the foundation’s $36,000 Diller Teen Tikkun Olam Awards, visit http://dillerteenawards.org. WASHINGTON (JTA) —After taking a class on Jewish ethics at his synagogue, 17-year-old Noah Levinson was left wondering about the future of those less fortunate than himself. “We are…
February 19, 2015 12:45pm
The Illinois high school freshman’s event to help special needs kids get equestrian therapy has brought in more than $47,000 over nine years.
Stay informed: JTA in your inbox
Jewish and Israel News in Your Inbox
- Spelling bee champ nails obscure Yiddish word en route to victory
- Crash kills three workers at Jewish camp in Pennsylvania
WatchSteven Spielberg, in Harvard commencement speech, says anti-Semitism on the rise
- NY Times removes quotation marks from Israeli ‘occupation’
- Captain America is a secret Nazi, and people are going crazy about it
- Israel is now the land of milk and whiskey
- Bernie Sanders: Israel has a right to US protection
- Donald Trump: Debating trailing Bernie Sanders would be ‘inappropriate’
- NY Times editor calls out Donald Trump for ignoring supporters’ anti-Semitic tweets
- Donald Trump says he would debate Bernie Sanders for charity
- Bernie Sanders expects ‘consensus’ on Palestinian rights at Democratic convention
- Democrats said to be debating ouster of Wasserman Schultz as party chair