is JTA's editorial assistant. She was a Fulbright scholar in Ukraine. Her poetry and nonfiction writing have been published in Tuesday Magazine, the Gamut, The Birch, Tablet, The Starry Night Review and elsewhere. Follow her on Twitter at @chick_in_kiev.
December 19, 2013 10:43am
Alvin Goldstein, a pioneering pornographer who published Screw magazine and spent decades dodging obscenity convictions, has died.
December 15, 2013 6:06am
Alumni of the Habonim Dror movement are highly involved in Jewish, Israel-related and social change organizations, a study found.
December 12, 2013 4:36pm
In the wake of a violent police raid, Ukrainian Jews gathered to pray for their country.
December 12, 2013 10:39am
For Jewish artists, incorporating cutting-edge technology can expand the possibilities for their art and lets them provide commentary on a digital world.
December 11, 2013 12:28pm
A 22-year-old New York City fashion student said he was beaten by a group of Hasidic Jews in Brooklyn.
December 8, 2013 3:28pm
The right-wing Svoboda party, decried as anti-Semitic by Jewish community officials, has played a lead role in the protests in Kiev. But that hasn’t stopped some young Jews from joining in, too.
December 5, 2013 2:54pm
Played by Israeli actress Gal Gadot, the iconic superheroine is finally getting a turn on the silver screen — and it’s about time.
December 4, 2013 3:28pm
Four young Jewish entrepreneurs received grants to encourage social entrepreneurship among young Jews.
December 2, 2013 2:52pm
The anonymous woman featured on the paper’s front page responds to critics of the controversial image and explains her Star of David tattoo.
November 27, 2013 2:50pm
The halachic prenuptial agreement has been touted as the solution to Orthodoxy’s problem of “chained wives,” but the practice faces resistance and challenges.
- Uganda’s Jews are down to one meal a day because of East Africa’s famine
- Israeli terror victims named; Abbas calls for Palestinian ‘victory’
- Three Italian brothers try to find the cave they lived in during the Holocaust
- Jewish Ohio Senate candidate condemns ADL, backs figures on ‘alt-lite’ list
- City Council candidate ‘cares about’ Jews, compares them to Germans who enabled the Nazis
- Four times John McCain went maverick with his Jewish friends
- B’nai B’rith slams State Dept. for saying ‘lack of hope’ drives terrorism
- HIAS ‘glad’ Supreme Court upholds decision to add grandparents, grandchildren to family defintion
- Clashes between Muslim worshippers, Israel security officials continue over Temple Mount metal detectors
SponsoredWhy you might find bacon flavors next time you go to a kosher restaurant
- Why this poster of a Jewish man and a Muslim woman kissing caused a scandal in Europe