is JTA's correspondent for Germany, Switzerland and Austria. A former assistant director of the American Jewish Committee's Berlin office, she has also worked as staff writer and editor at the New York Jewish Week. She has won numerous awards from the New York Press Association and the American Jewish Press Association. She has published books on Holocaust history for teen-agers.
November 18, 2015 1:04pm
Two windows and one window frame were seriously damaged, a synagogue spokesman said.
November 17, 2015 1:20pm
The Kunsthalle Mannheim has been researching the provenance of its collection since the end of 2011, but reportedly has made only a dent.
November 13, 2015 6:45am
The unanimously passed resolution by the EKD church follows requests by the Jewish community to address the Christian reformer’s blatant hatred of Judaism.
November 12, 2015 6:47am
The Christian Democratic Union, the party of German Chancellor Angela Merkel, said the anti-Israel movement could “exploit” the decision.
November 10, 2015 6:20am
Euthanasia is a particularly sensitive topic in Germany, as an estimated 200,000 people — most of them mentally and physically disabled — were murdered in the Nazi “euthanasia” program.
November 9, 2015 12:59pm
Police suspect the perpetrators are right-wing extremists and are seeking witnesses to the vandalism.
November 9, 2015 12:30pm
The ritual bath is located near “Jews’ Lane,” where a 17th-century synagogue was destroyed during Kristallnacht, 77 years ago Monday, when the discovery was announced.
November 2, 2015 12:20pm
Euthanasia is a particularly sensitive topic in Germany, as an estimated 200,000 people — most of them mentally and physically handicapped — were murdered in the Nazi “euthanasia” program.
October 29, 2015 2:30pm
The unexploded bombs were found by construction workers in a 12-foot deep depression near a former flower market hall across the street from the Jewish Museum, alongside the museum’s academy.
October 28, 2015 5:39pm
Leaders of the Germany Jewish community met with Chancellor Angela Merkel amid growing concerns about possible anti-Semitism among Muslim refugees who have recently arrived in the country.
Stay informed: JTA in your inbox
Jewish and Israel News in Your Inbox
- Leaked emails show Hillary Clinton eager to patch things up with Netanyahu
- Over 250 female rabbis sign letter slamming Donald Trump ‘hate speech’
- With UNESCO vote, Palestinians’ bid for attention backfires
- ‘Friends’ co-creator takes on US remake of Israeli TV show about Orthodox family
- The final debate: RBG, Soros and Iran lost amid concession outrage
- How all the Jewish MLB players did in 2016
- Scarlett Johansson opens Paris popcorn shop
- Republicans deny downsizing Trump event in Jerusalem
- In Miami Beach, Donald Trump’s Orthodox support is increasingly on the down-low
- One Jew, One Vote: Ayalon Eliach, 33
- Joe Lieberman, stumping for a Clinton in Florida, feels like he’s ‘home again’
- In Amsterdam, these Jewish-American comics fight dirty for Hilllary