All necessary arrangements have now been completed to enable the electric power station for the Jaffa and Tel-Aviv district which is being constructed by Mr. P. Rutenberg, to be available for electric and power purposes by May 1923.
The building of the power station is being carried out by the Jewish Labor Co-operative Association, but certain work in connection with this is being put into the hands of Arab workers. The work is being done with greatest possible expedition, day and night shifts being employed for the purpose.
The power station will contain two 500 h.p. Diesel engines with provision for a third in reserve. There will be reserve stations erected also at Haifa and Jerusalem. Contracts for the supply of current are expected to be concluded shortly with the municipalities of Jaffa and Tel-Aviv.
The Archive of the Jewish Telegraphic Agency includes articles published from 1923 to 2008. Archive stories reflect the journalistic standards and practices of the time they were published.