That there has been a Jewish settlement in Hungary as far back as the third century of the Christian era, is revealed through explorations made by Dr. Julius Gabor, Secretary of the Budapest Kehillah.
He states three gravestones, one memorial tablet and a candelebra have been found at Esztegrom, Albertwissa, Dunapeutele and Szombathely. Dr. Gabor asserts the objects unearthed are of indisputable Jewish origin, date back to the third century and furnish adequate proof of the existence of a Jewish settlement in Hungary at that time.
The Archive of the Jewish Telegraphic Agency includes articles published from 1923 to 2008. Archive stories reflect the journalistic standards and practices of the time they were published.