A stone from the Wailing Wall will be built in one of the walls of the new Synagogue House of the Federated Central and Free Synagogues which is being erected on West 68th Street, near Central Park West, it is stated.
The stone which has just arrived in New York is a gift to Dr. S. Wise, from Sir Wyndham Deedes, former Civil Secretary of the Palestine Government. It was presented to Dr. Wise on his trip last year to Palestine.
The stone is a part of the famous Wailing Wall “grooved and furrowed by the tears of Jews” praying at the historic shrine.
The building which will contain the Temple stone will also house the Jewish Institute of Religion.
The Archive of the Jewish Telegraphic Agency includes articles published from 1923 to 2008. Archive stories reflect the journalistic standards and practices of the time they were published.