The Jewish pavillion at the All-Russian exhibit of agriculture and industry was officially opened on September 9 by M. Merezhin, director of the Jewish Section of the Nationalities Commissariat.
The Secretary of the Central Executive Committee of the Union of Soviet Republics, Foreign Minister Tchitcherin, and Mr. Krassin, Forelgn Trade Commissary were among those who delivered speeches at the opening excercises.
The Russian “Ort”, the “Idgescom”, the Yiddish “Kultur League”, Jewish professional and trade schools, agricultural units and colonies, as well as producers’ cooperatives are represented in the exhibit.
The Archive of the Jewish Telegraphic Agency includes articles published from 1923 to 2008. Archive stories reflect the journalistic standards and practices of the time they were published.