Archive

Search JTA's historical archive dating back to 1923

First X-ray Institute in Palestine

September 26, 1923
See Original Daily Bulletin From This Date
Advertisement

The Governing Board of the Hadassah Hospitals in Palestine approved the agreement made by the Chairman on behalf of the Board, with Dr. Ratnoff, the President of the American Jewish Physicians’ Committee, for the establishment of a Roentgen Institute in connection with the Rothschild Hospital in Jerusalem, under the joint auspices of the two bodies, the office of the Hadassah Organization in New York announces.

The agreement provides for the purchase and installation of a complete up-to-date Roentgen equipment for diagnosis and therapy at a cost not to exceed $10,000, which is to be contributed by the Physicians’ Committee.

Washington Heights Group of New York Chapter of Hadassah remitted $1,000 collected several years ago to be applied to the purchase of a part of the X-Ray equipment in the new X-Ray Institute which is to be established shortly. It is given in commemoration of Eliezer Ben Yehuda. A tablet hearing suitable inscription is to be installed in the X-Ray room.

Recommended from JTA

Advertisement