The Palestine Land Development Company last year purchased a plot of land of about 1000,000 square piques, situated in the center of Jerusalem. It extends from the Jaffa Road, near the “Zion” Cinema to the School of “Bezalel”. Adding to its commercial importance, the land is traversed by the new “King George” Boulevard.
The Palestine Land Development Co. has now commenced the construction of a modern road with ample facilities for traffic. This road will link all main parts of Jerusalem and will also shorten the distance to the Jaffa Road.
About 200 men are employed in the construction of this road, mostly new immigrants and this has reduced the unemployment in Jerusalem to a considerable extent.
The road will be open to traffic in another month.
The work is being done at the expenses of the Palestine Land Development Company.
The Archive of the Jewish Telegraphic Agency includes articles published from 1923 to 2008. Archive stories reflect the journalistic standards and practices of the time they were published.