The Yiddish Theatre Society, which recently was organized as a dramatic guild supported by subscription membership along the same lines as the Theatre Guild of the English stage, announced that it had opened a dramatic school with a preliminary enrollment of forty-six pupils. The school is under the direction of Mandel Elkins, formerly of the Art Theatre in Russia. He has
charge of the department of dramatic reading.
Other members of the faculty include Richard Boleslawsky and Ivan Lazareff of the Moscow Art Theatre. Leo Liow, who teaches voice culture; Professor Jehuda Jaffe, who has charge of phonetics Dr. Jacob Schatzky, who lectures on the history of the Yiddish theatre, and Samuel Niger, instructor in the history of Yiddish literature.
The Yiddish Theatre Society has offices at 425 Lafayette Street.
The Archive of the Jewish Telegraphic Agency includes articles published from 1923 to 2008. Archive stories reflect the journalistic standards and practices of the time they were published.