The corner-stone of a new Jewish colony in Palestine was laid today by the Mizrachi Zionist Organization. The new colony will be named Kfar Ivre (Hebrew Village) and will be financed out of funds of a loan granted by the American Jew, David Schnur.
Greetings from various parts of the world were read at the laying of the cornerstone. Speeches were delivered by Sir Gilbert Clayton, Civil Secretary of the Palestinian Government, Rabbi Meir Berlin, President of the Mizrachi World Organization and others.
The Archive of the Jewish Telegraphic Agency includes articles published from 1923 to 2008. Archive stories reflect the journalistic standards and practices of the time they were published.