The Hoscow Goernment has given permission to the Rabbi of Lubavitz to reopen his Yeshiba, or academy for the study of the Bible and the Talmud. The academy is to be re-established at Rostov-on-Dom.
The leaders of the Yevseksic, the Jewish section of the Communist Party, were peeved to lease of the permission given by the central government, and the success attained by orthodox Jewry in Russia which rid itself of the difficulties imposed by the Yevsekia, by a direct appeal to the central government.
The permission to reopen the academy was given to the Rabbi on condtion that he introduce into the Yeshiba a number of secular subjects, and provide for conditions in his academy similar to those prevailing in the orthodox Jewish academies existing now in Leningrad and Kiev.
The Archive of the Jewish Telegraphic Agency includes articles published from 1923 to 2008. Archive stories reflect the journalistic standards and practices of the time they were published.