The Orthodox Kehillah in Szatmar has been judged the winner in a dispute which was left to a board of Jesuit priests for arbitration. The Kehillah wished to build a school on a site adjoining their synagogue and owned by a Jesuit Priest. Baron Joseph Vecsey. The Kehillah representative, a banker named Weisz, proceeded to Budapest and obtained a promise from the Priest that he would sell his land to the Kehillah. Later Veszey wrote that he could not dispose of the property to a non-Catholic community. Weisz returned to Budapest and proposed that the matter be left for arbitration to a board of Jesuit priests, to which Veszey agreed. Fathers Tomcsanyi, Siffra and Paranyai composed the court which decided that Veszey must keep his agreement to sell his property to the Kehillah.
The Archive of the Jewish Telegraphic Agency includes articles published from 1923 to 2008. Archive stories reflect the journalistic standards and practices of the time they were published.