Archive

Search JTA's historical archive dating back to 1923

Open Booth of National Farm School at Sesqui

September 27, 1926
See Original Daily Bulletin From This Date
Advertisement

(Jewish Daily Bulletin)

Before a gathering of eminent agricultural authorities and outstanding leaders interested in agricultural development, Samuel Vauclain, President of the Baldwin Locomotive Works, officially opened The National Farm School Booth in the Educational Building of the Sesquicentenntial in Philadelphia.

The exhibit, designed primarily to acquaint the nation with the practical project work of the National Farm School at Doylestown, Pennsylvania, will be changed weekly for the entire duration of the exposition. Each display will concentrate on the special activities of The National Farm School which include scientific agriculture, cattle-raising, dairying, horticulture, floriculture, bookkeeping and poultry raising.

Abraham Erlanger, National Chairman of the expansion project of the school, also addressed the gathering.

Among those present were Ex-Governor Wm. A. Sproul of Pennsylvania Adam Gimbel and Manny Strauss, of the Business Men’s Council of the School; Dr. Joseph R. Wilson, Director of Education and Social Research of the Exposition; Herbert D. Allman; David Burpree, Harry B. Hirsh, Grant Wright, James A. Pratt and Dr. Bernhard Ostrolenk, Director of The National Farm School.

Recommended from JTA

Advertisement