(Jewish Telegraphic Agency)
Two more synagogues were converted into workmen’s clubs at the instigation of the Jewish section of the Communist party.
In Pogrebitsche, district of Berditchev, the largest synagogue of the city was converted into a workmen’s club. On this occasion the Jewish section of the Communist party arranged a street demonstration when red flags and the portrait of Lenin were carried with solems ceremonies into the synagogue where a large mass meeting was held.
Similar exercises attended the conversion of the synagogue at Krivoye Osero into a workmen’s club.
The Archive of the Jewish Telegraphic Agency includes articles published from 1923 to 2008. Archive stories reflect the journalistic standards and practices of the time they were published.