Borough President James A. Lynch, and Jewish and Christian clergymen of Richmond Borough were present at the cornerstone laying for the new Jewish Community Centre Building, Tompkinsville, Staten Island. Max Levy, president of the Centre, presided.
The Rev. W. T. Hawthorne of the First Presbyterian Church of Stapleton spoke on behalf of the Protestants, and Father S. F. Loomis of the Church of Our Lady of Good Counsel of Stapleton spoke on behalf of the Catholics. The building is to be completed in six weeks. The total cost will be $200,000, and it will include a swimming pool, gymnasium, ballroom, billiard room and library.
The Archive of the Jewish Telegraphic Agency includes articles published from 1923 to 2008. Archive stories reflect the journalistic standards and practices of the time they were published.