(Jewish Daily Bulletin)
Governor Alvan T. Fuller of Massachusetts and distinguished leaders of the community, participated in the dedication of the Harry A. Burroughs Newsboy Foundation Building here. Mr. Burroughs, Boston attorney, recently purchased a.$130,000 building ‘formerly occupied by the Elks to convert it into a Newsboys’ Foundation.
Among the speakers were Judge Michael Murray of the Municipal Court, who was chairman; Governor Alvan T. Fuller; Rev. George P. O’Connor, representing Cardinal O’Connell, former Mayor J. Curley, James M. Peace of Washington, Judge William Cushing Wait of the Massachusetts Supreme Court, Miss Fay Bentley of the Department of Labor, representing the Secretary of Labor, and Rabbi Harry Levi, of Temple Israel. Rabbi Levi unveiled the tablet which was placed in the corner of the building.
Mr. Burroughs recently established a $100,000 foundation providing worthy newsboys with a college education.
The Archive of the Jewish Telegraphic Agency includes articles published from 1923 to 2008. Archive stories reflect the journalistic standards and practices of the time they were published.