The estabishment of the twenty-first Hadassah Infant welfare station and the opening of the second playground in Palestine were announced by the headquarters of Hadassah, the Women’s Zionist Organization of America.
The new infant welfare clinic is in Hebron. The Hadassah Infant Welfare Fund is now seeking to raise $30,000 for the year’s work in infant care. The new clinic will give medical attention to mothers and infants, instruct the mothers in the care and feeding of the children and follow up the cases by visits to the homes, similar to the activities of the other stations. The Histadruth Nashim Ibriot (Hebrew Women’s Association) of Palestine will assist in the maintenance of the Hebron clinic by a monthly contribution.
The new playground has been opened on the grounds of the Alliance Boys’ School in Jerusalem, the second playground established there by the Guggenheimer Fund administered by Hadassah. The playgrounds are open to children of all creeds. Steps are being taken to open a similar playground in Tel Aviv.
The Jewish Center of Williamsbridge, at Barnes Avenue and Williamsbridge Road, the Bronx, was dedicated Sunday. The Center is a three-story building containing, besides the synagogue proper, a gymnasium, club rooms, and library.
Deputy Police Commissioner Ruttenberg, and Justices Gustave Hartman, Albert Cohn, and William A. Keating were the speakers.
The Archive of the Jewish Telegraphic Agency includes articles published from 1923 to 2008. Archive stories reflect the journalistic standards and practices of the time they were published.