All factions of Palestinian Jewry joined in a common protest to the government of Palestine against the infringement of the status quo at the Western Wall of the Temple, commonly known as the Wailing Wall, by building activities undertaken by the Moslems.
The memorandum voicing this protest was signed by the Sephardic and Ashkenazic chief rabbis, the Council of Palestine Jews and by the Orthodox organization, Agudath Israel. The memorandum urges the government to order the Moslems to discontinue the work they undertook to erect a mosque on the right side of the Wailing Wall and to open a way to the Mosque of Omar through the ancient Wall, the only relic of the Temple.
The Archive of the Jewish Telegraphic Agency includes articles published from 1923 to 2008. Archive stories reflect the journalistic standards and practices of the time they were published.