Dr. Joachim Stutzin, famous Jewish physician from Berlin, has made his home here and begun the practice of medicine in this city.
Dr. Stutzin was born in Lithuania and was brought to Germany when he was six years of age. He is a graduate of a German medical school. After the War he became the director of the Kaiserin Augusta Victoria hospital in Berlin.
Ordered by the government to leave the hospital within five days, Dr. Stutzin went on a lecture tour, speaking at the universities of Madrid, Paris and Cape Town.
Dr. Stutzin is the inventor of the cinemascopy method of observing the internal organs of the human body and of a method of obviating sterility. He is a member of a number of scientific academies and of universities in Argentina, Brazil, Chile, Czechoslovakia, Spain, the United States, France, Italy and Mexico. He was also at one time invited by the League of Nations to demonstrate his inventions.
For a short time during his youth Dr. Stutzin was imbued with the Zionist ideal and wrote a number of articles for Die Welt, Later, however, he became convinced that assimilation was the only thing to work for, and it was not until recently that he again became active in Jewish life. He is a member of the committee of German Jews who are working for the relief of German-Jewish refugees, and is active in Zionist circles.
During the war Dr. Stutzin was instrumental in saving the lives of sixteen Jews whom the Turkish military court had condemned to death on the false testimony of a sheik.
The Archive of the Jewish Telegraphic Agency includes articles published from 1923 to 2008. Archive stories reflect the journalistic standards and practices of the time they were published.