The Rumanian Government today released a list of 500 Jewish-owned buildings which have been expropriated by the Cabinet for use by government institutions which are now occupying them.
The Federation of Jewish Communities has applied to the Ministry of the Interior for a plot of land in the village of Gamar, in Transylvania, for burial of 136 Jews massacred there by Hungarian troops last September. The Federation has also demanded that Hungarians who assisted in the massacre be compelled to exhume the bodies, which are now in a mass-grave, and re-bury them in new graves.
The Archive of the Jewish Telegraphic Agency includes articles published from 1923 to 2008. Archive stories reflect the journalistic standards and practices of the time they were published.