The work of the Jewish Labor Committee was landed by President Truman in a message sent to the Committee on the occasion of the opening this week-end of their new headquarters at the Atran Center for Jewish Culture. More than 500 guests attended the opening ceremony at which the President’s message, addressed to Adolph Held, chairman of the J.D.C., was read.
The headquarters will be devoted to combating discrimination, strengthening democratic institutions and furthering Jewish cultural activity in the United States. The building was a gift from Frank Z. Atran, textile manufacturer and philanthropist, who two years ago gave Mourt Sinai Hospital $1,000,000 toward a new laboratory.
The Archive of the Jewish Telegraphic Agency includes articles published from 1923 to 2008. Archive stories reflect the journalistic standards and practices of the time they were published.