Israel’s first international exhibition, “The Conquest of the Desert Exhibition,” closed here last night after 22 days. During that period some 600,000 persons–nearly one-third of the country’s population–visited the fair in Jerusalem’s convention center.
The exhibits made a tremendous impression on visitors from all corners of the country, giving them for the first time physical evidence of the great concentrated effort of building up the country and a record of achievement–all concentrated in one building. The Israel Government’s pavilion drew the largest number of visitors and the greatest praise for the arrangement of the exhibits to highlight Israel’s development.
The Archive of the Jewish Telegraphic Agency includes articles published from 1923 to 2008. Archive stories reflect the journalistic standards and practices of the time they were published.