Archive

Search JTA's historical archive dating back to 1923

Synagogue Dedicated in Luxemburg; Abandoned Since Nazi Regime

August 6, 1954
See Original Daily Bulletin From This Date
Advertisement

The modest old synagogue in the resort of Mondorf-les-Bains, abandoned when Nazi troops occupied the Grand Duchy of Luxemburg in 1940, has been rededicated in a solemn service conducted by the country’s Chief Rabbi, Dr. Chaim Lehrmann. In his sermon, he stressed the important role of small congregations in assuring the continuity of Jewish life and Jewish tradition.

Recommended from JTA

Advertisement