The offices of the Reparations Corporation in Tel Aviv were closed today, and those in West Germany reduced to a minimum, following placement of orders for products from West Germany under the reparations agreement for the next two years.
Under the Israel-German reparations agreement, Israel can receive products until 1965, payable through West German reparations funds. The offices in West Germany hereafter will be dealing almost entirely with consular activities and presentation of Israeli problems to West German officials.
The Archive of the Jewish Telegraphic Agency includes articles published from 1923 to 2008. Archive stories reflect the journalistic standards and practices of the time they were published.