The Robert Szold Center of Applied Science at Hebrew University was established here this weekend in ceremonies which included a round table discussion on procedures for teaching applied science. The New York attorney is president of the Palestine Endowment Funds Inc. which gave $500,000 in his name to set up the center.
A 12-story teaching laboratories building, made possible by a gift of undisclosed size from Louis Mintz, Anglo-Jewish philanthropist and communal worker, was also dedicated at the Hebrew University. The gift was believed to be about 100,000 pounds sterling ($280,000). Speakers at the ceremony included Sir Isaac Wolfson, the British philanthropist, representatives of the British Embassy and Hebrew University President Eliahu Elath.
The Archive of the Jewish Telegraphic Agency includes articles published from 1923 to 2008. Archive stories reflect the journalistic standards and practices of the time they were published.