The Tark-Recu Jet Propulsion Laboratory, the first of its kind in Israel, has been opened at the Haifa Technion. It will be used for research and the training of Israeli scientists and engineers and to increase the self-sufficiency of Israel Aircraft Industries.
Research will be continued on several current projects in coordination with American firms such as the development of dust separators for gas turbine propelled helicopters and the production of expendable jet engines for pilotless drone aircraft.
The new lab is named in memory of the late L. Shirley Tark who was president of the Main State and Devon banks in Chicago and the late Mrs. Ruth Recu, a leading Jewish philanthropist of Chicago. It has been supported by the Chicago and St. Louis chapters of the American Technion Society.
The Archive of the Jewish Telegraphic Agency includes articles published from 1923 to 2008. Archive stories reflect the journalistic standards and practices of the time they were published.