- A German neo-Nazi faction has declared its support for the state of Israel, claiming that “Instead of destroying the Jews we should have taken every measure possible to support the Zionist movement.”
- Yosef Abrahamson, a Black hasidic teenager from Crown Heights, got to be commanding officer of his local police precinct for a day after winning an essay contest about healing racial tensions.
- An arrest warrant has been issued for Yitzhak Shuchat, a member of Brooklyn’s Shmira Civilian Patrol, who is alleged to have participated in a hate crime attack against a Black Crown Heights resident.
- New York Magazine profiles NY State Assemblyman and frum Lower East Side throwback Sheldon Silver.
- A NYC attorney whose firm is committed to defending women against sexual harassment is now himself in the dock for sexual harassment. Jack Tuckner of Tuckner Sipser Weinstock & Sipser is accused, among other things, of telling a non-Jewish coworker that she was “the ultimate shiksa so highly coveted by inner-city Jews such as him.”
- Menachem Froman, the chief rabbi of the West Bank settlement of Tekoah, makes the case for advancing religious dialogue with Hamas.
- Gawker has compiled a list of the most popular websites among Jewish Internet users.
- The Andrea & Charles Bronfman Philanthropy’s Reboot project and San Francisco’s new Contemporary Jewish Museum will be hosting an arts festival Saturday night to celebrate the museum’s grand opening, as well as the upcoming holiday of Shavuot.
- A new video game being developed by grad students at the University of Virginia allows players to go back in time to kill the main characters of the Bible and the Quran in order to stop the spread of religion.
- The UK’s Movement for Reform Judaism, with the support of the Muslim Institute, has launched a new initiative to promote interfaith dialogue online: Faithbook.
- A wax sculpture of Hitler soon to be exhibited at Madame Tussaud’s new wax museum in Berlin has sparked outrage among Jewish and non-Jewish Germans alike.
The News Shticker: Neo-Nazis for Israel