- Republican Jews say they’ve nabbed big Jewish Dem donor from South Florida. (Some liberal bloggers claim he’s given to GOPers before, but his FEC records show he generally helps Democrats.)
- Congress Daily reports on John McCain’s efforts to make inroads with Jewish voters.
- Rabbi Avi Shafran of Agudath Israel of America defends Pastor John Hagee. Michael Felsen of the Workmen’s Circle says Israel and the pro-Israel lobby might be better off without friends like him.
- The creator of the Willie Horton ad presses Obama-is-a-Muslim campaign.
- L.A. Mayor Antonio Villaraigosa heads to Israel as his re-election campaign gears up.
- Michael C. Desch, the Robert M. Gates Chair in Intelligence and National Security Decision-Making at Texas A&M University, says a presidential candidate who wants to be a true friend of Israel would sound more like Kissinger, Carter and Baker.
Political Tidbits: McCain pursues the Jews, Willie Horton admaker plays Muslim card