- The Jerusalem Post asks Barack Obama if he would support an Israeli strike against Iran. And he says: “Israelis alone have to make decisions about their own security. But the grave consequences of either doing nothing or initiating a potential war with Iran are such that we want to do everything we can, to exhaust every avenue to avoid that option.”
- Remember the dispute between the Republican Jewish Coalition and the National Jewish Democratic Council about Obama’s comments in Jordan? Well the NJDC has also taken aim at the Republican National Committee.
- And, in case you missed it, the Zionist Organization of America criticized Obama over the remarks in Jordan, saying they reflect the “old, repeated misunderstanding and misinterpretations of the continuing Arab war against Israel – thinking which shows little insight into the nature of that war.” (FYI The ZOA has essentially said the same thing about the Clinton and Bush administrations.)
- A writer in Ha’aretz wonders if Israel is a Red or Blue state.
- Even a visit to Yad Vashem cannot escape the politics of the race.
- Time’s Joe Klein and Commentary’s Jennifer Rubin: Round III (review: Round I and Round II)
Political Tidbits: Obama on Iran, is Israel a Red or Blue state?, Round III of Klein vs. Rubin