Several Jewish-related items appeared over the weekend in The New York Times:
- Former workers at Agriprocessors, the nation’s largest kosher meat plant, detailed alleged abuses at the Postville, Iowa plant. Sunday saw competing rallies between activists protesting working conditions at the plant and activists opposed to illegal immigration.
- Gaza is getting its first museum of archeology.
- Who’s the Israeli media powerhouse “everyone and nobody knows,” Vivi Nevo?
- Tom Friedman picks up on the undercurrent reported in two recent JTA pieces (here and here) and gushes about Israel’s electric car.
- An Orthodox Jewish couple from Brooklyn prepare to shutter a clothing store on 43rd St. and Fifth Ave., Judy’s Better Dresses, that is more Lower East Side than the fixture it has been for 40-plus years in Midtown Manhattan.