- On a visit to Israel, actor Rob Schneider haggles at the souk in Tel Aviv.
- The hottest ticket of the summer theater season in Cedar City, Utah, is “Fiddler on the Roof,” which is beating Shakespeare in ticket sales in this mostly Mormon town 170 miles from the nearest synagogue.
- Ha’aretz uses questionable criteria to declare that Israeli supermodel Bar Refaeli has become one of the hottest celebrities in the U.S. Perhaps someone should tell the folks at Ha’aretz that Heeb isn’t exactly an American mass-circulation magazine (though putting Refaeli on the cover certainly doesn’t hurt).
- It’s official: Brad Pitt will play an American Jewish soldier in the new Quentin Tarantino flick, “Inglorious Bastards.”
- Jean Sarkozy, the 21-year-old son of the French president, reportedly filed a police complaint over anti-Semitic graffiti in an upscale Paris suburb that read “Sarkozy, thieving Jew.”
The News Shticker