/* Style Definitions */
mso-padding-alt:0in 5.4pt 0in 5.4pt;
font-family:”Times New Roman”;
The fight over the mosque two blocks from Ground Zero is not going away, especially now that President Obama was weighed in:
- Monday’s New York Post cover screams : “Hamas Big Backs Mosque.”
- The New York Times published an August 13 article delving into why New York Mayor Michael Bloomberg has been such a passionate defender of the mosque. At least one factor: the memories of his parents buying a house in a neighborhood that was closed to Jews.
- Marc Tracy at Tablet reports that a Twitter prankster is making life difficult for Abe Foxman, after the ADL leader came out against the mosque.
- Jean Marbella of The Baltimore Sun accepts the premise that no mosque belongs at Ground Zero — but rejects the idea that two blocks away in downtown Manhattan constitutes hallowed ground.
- Jonathan Sarna reflects in the Forward on times in American history when synagogues were banned in parts of America.