In case you missed our initial blog post following the death of Elizabeth Taylor… check out some JTA articles about the Hollywood starlet.
My favorite: "Elizabeth Taylor Offered to Be Hostage, Dinitz Discloses"
LOS ANGELES – Movie actress Elizabeth Taylor offered herself as a hostage for the more than 100 Air France hijack victims held by terrorists at Entebbe Airport in Uganda during the tense days before the Israeli rescue raid last July 4. That disclosure was made here by Israel’s Ambassador to the United States, Simcha Dinitz, at a Jewish National Fund gala honoring Ms. Taylor and her husband, John W. Warner, for their devotion to the land reclamation work of the JNF and other humanitarian causes.
Dinitz, who presented the couple with a certificate for a forest to be planted in their names within the American National Bicentennial Park near Jerusalem, said that Ms. Taylor’s offer was "appreciated" and "the Jewish people will always remember it." …
Read the full story, plus these:
- Over $1,000,000 in Israel Bonds Sold at Opening of West Coast Drive
- Arabs Ban Elizabeth Taylor Films; Irked over Her Buying Israel Bonds
- Actress Elizabeth Taylor Adopts Jewish Religion; Was a Protestant
- Elizabeth Taylor and Eddie Fisher Sing Hebrew Duet at Moscow Concert
- Elizabeth Taylor Barred from Egypt; is Blacklisted As Jewish
- Egypt Removes Name of Elizabeth Taylor from Arab Blacklist
- Jewish and Non-jewish Actors Raise $840,000 in London for Israel
- Elizabeth Taylor Cancels Visit to Moscow Because of Soviet Anti-israel Stand
- Taylor and Burton Due in Israel
- 60 Prominent Women Condemn UN Anti-Zionist Resolution
- Taylor Meets with Begin
- Lilith Launches Campaign for Nudel
- Jewish Groups Protest U.S. Pamphlet Advising Troops on ‘sensitive Subjects’
- In Two Cases, Families of Victims Ask Court for Return of Nazi-looted Art