Camp Civitania, of north Georgia, which is owned by the Atlanta Girl Scout organization and is one of the biggest of its kind in the southeast, will be taken over for the entire month of August as an exclusive camp for Jewish Girl Scouts.
According to the anouncement made by Edward M. Kahn, executive director of the Jewish Educational Alliance, a staff of Jewish young women, composed of alumni of the University of Georgia, Peabody College, Brenau and other southern colleges, has been secured for operation of the camp. In addition to the three Girl Scout troops conducted by the Alliance, and other Jewish Girl Scout troops of Atlanta, groups from Macon, Columbus, Chattanooga, Nashville and other cities of the section have arranged to avail themselves of the camping facilities. This marks the first time that the camp has been obtained for a month’s use exclusively by Jewish Girl Scouts.
The Archive of the Jewish Telegraphic Agency includes articles published from 1923 to 2008. Archive stories reflect the journalistic standards and practices of the time they were published.