The Minnette and Mendel Fisher Forest was dedicated here today in the setting of the rolling hills, affording a view of the City of Jerusalem. At the dedication ceremony and in the presence of a large assembly of distinguished guests who came from all parts of the country, tribute was paid to Mr. Fisher, executive director of the Jewish National Fund of America, and his late wife, Minnette. The Minnette and Mendel Fisher Forest will constitute a part of the million trees that will form a green girdle around Israel’s capital.
Speakers included Joseph Weitz, director of colonization of the Keren Kayemeth Leisrael here; Dr. Harris J. Levine, president of the Jewish National Fund of America and Rabbi Mordecal Kirshbloom, member of the executive of the Jewish Agency in New York. In his reply, Mr. Fisher praised the leadership of the Jewish National Fund for inspiring his work and for rendering the JNF “an instrument of redemption and dedication.”
The Archive of the Jewish Telegraphic Agency includes articles published from 1923 to 2008. Archive stories reflect the journalistic standards and practices of the time they were published.