is a Los Angeles-based staff writer for JTA.
April 15, 2015 3:36pm
When complete, the historic synagogue’s restoration and expansion, which will include a new social service center, will have cost nearly $200 million.
April 9, 2015 6:21am
Unlike in the United States, where many Reform rabbis perform interfaith marriages, British Reform rabbis will only marry couples if both partners are Jewish.
April 8, 2015 5:22pm
The National Front leader’s move comes after Jean-Marie Le Pen, the party’s founder, slammed his daughter in an interview for criticizing his remarks diminishing the Holocaust.
April 8, 2015 2:40pm
Concerns over Israel loom large as Jewish voters intend to vote overwhelmingly for the Conservative Party in the upcoming British parliamentary, according to a new poll.
April 2, 2015 6:32am
Experts have determined that a painting by Camille Pissarro from the art cache of Cornelius Gurlitt was stolen by Nazis from its rightful owner, according to German officials.
April 1, 2015 3:48pm
The United Kingdom Independence Party candidate, running for Parliament in a major Jewish district of London, had suggested that Israel should “do an Eichmann” on the U.S. president.
April 1, 2015 3:31pm
The system detected a target missile launching and destroyed it in a trial that potentially clears the way for full-scale deployment.
April 1, 2015 1:41pm
Craig Taubman’s Pico Union Project is working to turn a century-old synagogue downtown into a home for the whole community.
March 26, 2015 5:02am
The Great Synagogue of Edirne will reopen following a five-year government-sponsored restoration, albeit in a town now devoid of Jews.
March 26, 2015 4:56am
It is unclear if a Bundestag vote will ever be taken on the proposal, which opposes the governing coalition’s position
- The Impossible Burger is now kosher
- Banned from marrying interfaith couples, Conservative rabbis are finding other ways to celebrate them
- What does Stacey Abrams’ primary win mean for Democrats and Israel?
- Russian billionaire Roman Abramovich reportedly immigrating to Israel
- Philip Roth, enfant terrible turned peerless chronicler of American Jewish life, is dead at 85
- Know your oligarch: A guide to the Jewish machers in the Russia probe
- Jackie Gothard, who led rebuilding of New Orleans congregation after Hurricane Katrina, has died
- Jared Kushner’s fellow Jewish Harvard alumni attack him in notes ahead of their reunion
- Mike Pompeo: ‘You have my word’ on filling anti-Semitism monitor post
- Jared Kushner gets permanent security clearance after earlier downgrade