February 25, 2011 1:28am
You may have noticed that the ordinarily vociferous Fundermentalist has been awfully quiet recently. Well, that’s because some changes have been brewing. JTA and The Fundermentalist have been my home for the past four years, and you all have been the neighbors that I have loved and probably ticked off from time to time. But…
February 9, 2011 1:15am
America’s most generous citizens gave less in 2010 than they have over the past decade, but Jews remained among the top givers, according to an annual survey by the Chronicle of Philanthropy.
February 8, 2011 9:09pm
Storahtelling has tapped former Birthright NEXT executive Isaac Shalev to become its next executive director.
February 7, 2011 8:52pm
Philanthropist Alan Slifka, founder of the Abraham Fund, has died.
February 7, 2011 7:19pm
The U.S. Department of Justice is investigating some aspects of the international operations of the American Jewish Joint Distribution Committee.
February 4, 2011 9:10pm
A Jerusalem-based think tank said its website was hacked by a group affiliated with Hamas.
February 4, 2011 8:12pm
The University of Maryland has managed to raise enough money to keep its Yiddish program going at least through 2013.
February 4, 2011 12:30am
The board of directors of Hillel: The Foundation for Jewish Campus Life elected New York businessman Thomas Blumberg as its next chairman.
February 4, 2011 12:00am
Washington Redskins’ owner Daniel Snyder has filed a defamation lawsuit against an alternative D.C. newspaper, claiming in part that the paper’s depiction of him was anti-Semitic.
February 3, 2011 1:32am
World ORT and ORT Israel both can use the ORT name for fundraising purposes, Israel’s Supreme Court ruled.
- Florida school shooter Nikolas Cruz made anti-Semitic, racists comments in private chat group
- ‘Our kids should be safe,’ father of Parkland victim Meadow Pollack says at her funeral
- Teacher Scott Beigel did not want to be remembered as a hero
Editor's ColumnHere’s why we report on the Jewish victims of larger tragedies
- New Jersey rabbi arrested for meeting teen prostitute
- Trump negotiators welcome Abbas’ recognition of Jerusalem as holy to Jews
- Orthodox school in Antwerp says employee wrong to instruct teachers not to teach evolution, reproduction
- Hosting BDS founder at European Parliament encourages anti-Semitism, Jewish leaders say
- These Jewish women say celebrating Purim in the #MeToo era is different
- Israel successfully tests Arrow-3 missile defense system
- US ambassador to Israel reportedly says evicting settlers ‘could lead to civil war’