Jerusalem (Nov. 6)
(Jewish Telegraphic Agency Mail Service)
The new semestre at the Hebrew University began following the official opening for the Winter Term 1926-27, on Nov. 1.
Courses will be given by the professors and lecturers of the Institute of Jewish Studies, the School of Oriental Studies, the Institute of Chemistry, and the Institute of Mathematics. The Institutes of Microbiology, Hygiene and Palestine Natural History will continue their research work.
The library of the late Professor Klein of Goettingen which was purchased for the Institute of Mathematics will be opened for students this session. This library was acquired through the generosity of Philip Wattenberg of New York. It contains about 3,500 volumes on mathematics and many mathematical journals published in several European languages.