Denver, Colo (Oct. 22)
(By our Denver Correspondent)
Dedication of two buildings at the Jewish Consumptives’ Relief Society was held Sunday, October 21, honoring two deceased banefactors of the institution, Dr. C. D. Spivak, one of the founders; and Max D. Neusteter. The dedication was made a year after the death of the late Dr. Spivak, and honored him doubly. The post-office station of the institution, which is located several miles out of the city limits was changed from Sanitorium, Colo., to Spivak, Colo. And the administration building was renamed the C. D. Spivak Administration Building.
The new building housing the rehabilitation activities of the organization will be designated as the Max D. ## Rehabilitation Building.
The dedication of this latest building brings the total number of buildings in the institution to thirty. In addition there are forty-eight tents. When Dr. Spivak first founded the institution in 1904, there were six tents and six patients.
Now there are 300 patients under the collective roofs of the J. C. R. S. The total number of patients admitted since that day in September, 1904, when Dr. Spivak opened these few little tents is 5,780.
There were only twenty acres in the hospital which was incorpoated in 1904 and now there the 150 acres included in the lands of the J. C. R. S. A portion of this is used for farm land, and on it are raised alfalfa, grain and vegetables, all of which aid the institution. A dairy has been installed from which milk enough to supply the entire wants of the hospital is received.
In the twenty-four years of the existence of the J. C. R. S. more than $1,200,500 have been spent for buildings and equipment for the institution which patients enjoy free of charge.