Pittsburgh, Pa (Oct. 21)
To the $500,000 which Maurice Falk and his late brother, Leon Falk, Pittsburgh executives and philanthropists, contributed to the University of Pittsburgh in the Spring of 1928 for a medical clinic has been added an additional sum of $400,000 from the same source, according to announcement here by Chancellor John G. Bowman, of the University. The additional amount was presented to the Falk Clinic committee by Leon Falk, Jr., acting for his father. and Maurice Falk when they learned that the original contribution was insufficient to complete the proposed clinic entirely.
The clinic will be five stories high, and will be able to give treatment and advice to 800 persons daily. The first floor will consist of a children’s department, dental and pharmacy departments, and board and staff rooms; the second floor will include departments for the treatment of diseases of the neurine system, the heart, and the kidneys, as well as a diet kitchen, special X-ray department, demonstration rooms, and lecture rooms; the third floor will contain the department for the treatment of crippled children, the women’s department, and a general surgery department; the fourth floor will consist of a large lecture hall, and departments for the eye, ear, nose, and throat, and a complete x-ray division which will serve the entire dispensary, and the fifth floor will contain the department for the treatment of blood diseases. Laboratories will be provided for each division of the clinic.