Jerusalem (Jan. 29)
Extensive plans for celebrating the 800th anniversary of the birth of Maimonides were adopted today at a special conference called for this purpose by the Vaad Leumi, the Jewish National Council, in participation with eleven other central Jewish organizations. The conference adopted the following decisions:
1. To send a delegation to Cordoba, Spain, the city where Maimonides was born, in order to be represented at the celebration there.
2. To publish a special anthology of the works of Maimonides for the Hebrew schools in Palestine.
3. To proclaim anniversary celebrations for all the Jewish communities in the lands of the Diaspora.
4. To announce a special pilgrimage to the grave of Maimonides in Tiberias, Palestine, to take place during the week of Passover.
5. To establish academic courses in Palestine for the study of the