Menu JTA Search

Cables Used to Speed Consular Action on Transfer of Children to U.S. from Britain

To bring children from England to the United States without delay, it is now possible to cable the American consuls in England that sponsoring affidavits have been filled out, instead of waiting until the affidavits reach the consuls by mail, it was disclosed today by HIAS. The cable can be sent through Postal Telegraph and must be accompanied by a cable from the sponsor’s bank or employer.