Munich (Apr. 29)
Helga Reitz, a German woman who last week precipitated a riot during which a number of displaced Jews were beaten in a restaurant here, will go on trial before a military court Friday on charges of disorderly contact and inciting to riot, Brig. Gen. Josiah Dalby, U.S. commander of the Munich area announced today at a press conference.
Gen. Dalby reported that military authorities have been questioning the Agudas Israel members involved in the incident. He said that the Jews have failed to cooperate in identifying the military policemen involved. Attributing the failure to possible fear of antagonizing the MP’s, Dalby said that they “could not get any place that way.”
He also revealed that Jacob Rosenhoim, world president of the Agudas Israel Organization, had cable to Lt. Gen. Lucius D. Clay, American military commander in Germany, asking for a full report of the incident. Dalby reiterated his explanation of the clash and said that the same facts were being sent to Rosenheim.