MUNICH (Mar. 9)
The seventh Synagogue in Berlin was opened this week, in a special ceremony attended by members of the board of the Jewish Community and representatives of the four occupation powers in Germany.
The synagogue is located in the northern section of Berlin. It was rebuilt by the voluntary gifts of community members without assistance from the Berlin municipality. There were 14 synagogues in Berlin before the Nazi pogroms of Nov. 10, 1938.