PARIS (Jun. 7)
The text of the agreement among the Catholic hierarchy in France, the Grand Rabbinate of France and representatives of the family of the Finaly boys providing for the return of the two kidnapped Jewish children, was made public here today, after Grand Rabbi Jacob Kaplan released a statement questioning the good faith of the Catholic authorities and pointing out that after three months the children still have not been returned to France. The agreement provided for:
1. Dropping all criminal charges against the persons who kidnapped the children once they are returned to France.
2. After the children are brought back to France, without publicity or police intervention, they will be taken to the home of Andre Weil, leading French Jew, where they will be joined by Mrs. Hedwig Rosner, their aunt who is now in Israel.
3. Mrs. Rosner agrees to bring up the children with the assistance of a social worker chosen by agreement between the Grand Rabbi and a representative of French Catholics. No religious pressure of any kind will be brought to bear on the children.
4. Within four months another agreement will be reached bearing on the upbringing of the children and the respective rights of all parties in the affair. The children will remain in M. Weil’s home.
5. After the four months, the children will enjoy full religious liberty in a way that will make it possible for them later to choose whatever religion they wish to observe.