West Berlin Contributes #250,000 for Jewish Community Center
Menu JTA Search

West Berlin Contributes #250,000 for Jewish Community Center

Download PDF for this date

The West Berlin municipality announced today its agreement to provide the equivalent of $250,000 toward the construction of a Jewish community center in the western sector of the city. The structure will rise on the site of Berlin’s largest synagogue which was destroyed by the Nazis in 1938.

Founding Funders

The digitization of the JTA Archive would not have been possible without the generous support of the following donors:
  • The Gottesman Fund
  • Righteous Persons Foundation
  • Charles H. Revson Foundation
  • Elisa Spungen Bildner and Robert Bildner, in honor of Norma Spungen
  • George S. Blumenthal
  • Grace and Scott Offen Charitable Fund