Menu JTA Search

News Brief

Download PDF for this date

Neighborhood House, built by the National Council of Jewish Women in Portland, Oregon in 1910 to help in the resettlement of Eastern European immigrants, has been granted national landmark status, it was announced by the NCJW. It is one of only three settlement houses remaining in the United States. Beginning in October it will return to its original purpose by becoming the home of the Indochinese Cultural and Service Center, assisting in the resettlement of the Cambodian, Vietnamese and Laotian refugees who are Comino into Portland in record numbers.

Founding Funders

The digitization of the JTA Archive would not have been possible without the generous support of the following donors:
  • The Gottesman Fund
  • Righteous Persons Foundation
  • Charles H. Revson Foundation
  • Elisa Spungen Bildner and Robert Bildner, in honor of Norma Spungen
  • George S. Blumenthal
  • Grace and Scott Offen Charitable Fund