is JTA's former associate editor.
March 24, 2016 7:30am
(JTA) — Israel reportedly warned Belgian officials several weeks ago about inadequate security at Brussels’ Zaventem Airport. The warning came from Israeli officials charged with evaluating security standards at airports that operate flights to Tel Aviv, Israel’s Channel 2 reported Wednesday. The Israelis found “significant shortcomings” at the airport, which was the scene of two deadly…
March 21, 2016 9:16pm
WASHINGTON (JTA) — Republican presidential contender John Kasich, speaking before thousands of Israel activists, took aim at front-runner Donald Trump’s comment that he would remain “neutral” in brokering Israeli-Palestinian peace. “We cannot be neutral defending our allies,” Kasich, the governor of Ohio, told the crowd at the American Israel Public Affairs Committee’s annual conference in…
March 21, 2016 7:23pm
(JTA) — In the text of the speech Bernie Sanders would have delivered to the AIPAC conference, the Vermont senator laid out his vision for resolving the Israeli-Palestinian conflict. In a rare foray into foreign policy, Sanders said peace would require recognition of Israel’s right to exist and the end of threats to its security….
March 3, 2016 4:41pm
NEW YORK (JTA) – 70 Faces Media has hired veteran journalist Andrew Silow-Carroll to be the editor in chief of the Jewish Telegraphic Agency, the nearly century-old international news agency known as JTA. For the past 10 years, Silow-Carroll has served as CEO and editor in chief of the New Jersey Jewish News. His weekly…
March 2, 2016 5:33pm
NEW YORK (JTA) — Members of the New York City Council’s Jewish caucus are drafting legislation aimed at combating anti-Semitism at the City University of New York. Councilman Mark Levine, who chairs the 14-member caucus, said he expects legislation to be submitted within a month, the New York Post reported Wednesday. The law would require…
March 2, 2016 12:39pm
With Donald Trump sweeping to a resounding victory in seven Super Tuesday states Tuesday night, Republicans awoke this morning to the reality that the New York real estate magnate had solidified his status as the front-runner for the party nomination. And while his candidacy has deeply unsettled many in the GOP establishment, not to mention its influential…
February 26, 2016 2:29pm
(JTA) — In response to an article revealing that an Oberlin College professor made numerous postings about Jews and Israel to Facebook, the liberal arts college’s president said Oberlin “respects the right of its faculty, students, staff and alumni to express their personal views.” Marvin Krislov’s statement came after The Tower on Thursday published an article about…
February 7, 2016 3:11pm
The communities of the Jewish Emergent Network have been widely hailed for their innovative spirit and proven success in attracting the young and unaffiliated.
February 1, 2016 9:00am
The Conservative movement’s flagship seminary will use proceeds from the sale to construct a new state-of-the-art library and a 150-bed dormitory at its New York City campus.
January 27, 2016 4:05pm
Marvin Krislov will discuss the campus climate several weeks after 200 alumni wrote the administration to raise concerns about a college culture they see as tolerant of anti-Semitism.
- Three Italian brothers try to find the cave they lived in during the Holocaust
- Israeli terror victims named; Abbas calls for Palestinian ‘victory’
- Secular young Jews come here for drinks, socializing — and Torah learning
- Sean Spicer resigns: The press secretary’s most memorable Jewish moments
- Chechnya’s Jewish community doesn’t exist — but it’s angry at Israel
- Shuttered Bronx synagogue becomes a dumping ground
- Sephardi heritage center honors Spanish politician who said Israel massacres children
- B’nai B’rith slams State Dept. for saying ‘lack of hope’ drives terrorism
- Pope Francis appeals for ‘moderation and dialogue’ over Temple Mount violence
- HIAS ‘glad’ Supreme Court upholds decision to add grandparents, grandchildren to family defintion
- Thousands attend funeral of three members of one family killed in Palestinian stabbing attack